You have no items in your shopping cart.
A tree-by-tree guide to the world's most versatile resource.
An invaluable reference for woodworkers, crafters, furniture designers, and home enthusiasts, this comprehensive guide helps readers discover one of our most beautiful natural resources and learn how to use and appreciate this wonderfully versatile material. The Encyclopedia of Wood, New Edition provides an A-to-Z directory featuring more than 150 of the world's most popular woods, with information on growth rate, distribution, key characteristics, working properties, and commercial uses. Each entry includes a detailed color photograph to show the tree's unique grain, pattern, figure, and color, providing a valuable visual resource for selecting timber. An informative introduction explains the anatomy and life cycle of trees as well as the process of producing boards and veneers, and examines essential conservation issues. Perfect for use in a range of applications, this richly illustrated guide is a one-stop resource to the remarkable world of wood.
Condition: Excellent hardcover in matching dust jacket with library stamps on the fly leaf
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.