You have no items in your shopping cart.
A comprehensive study guide offering in-depth explanation, essay, and test prep for Kate Chopin's The Awakening, one of the earliest American novels that focuses on women's issues without condescension. As a feminist novel of the American South at the end of the nineteenth century, The Awakening highlights individual expression and freedom and what the desire for it can cost the person who wants it. Moreover, Chopin was reviled and ostracized by polite society in St. Louis because of the actions of The Awakening's main character. This Bright Notes Study Guide explores the context and history of Chopin's classic work, helping students to thoroughly explore the reasons it has stood the literary test of time. Each Bright Notes Study Guide contains: - Introductions to the Author and the Work - Character Summaries - Plot Guides - Section and Chapter Overviews - Test Essay and Study Q&As The Bright Notes Study Guide series offers an in-depth tour of more than 275 classic works of literature, exploring characters, critical commentary, historical background, plots, and themes. This set of study guides encourages readers to dig deeper in their understanding by including essay questions and answers as well as topics for further research.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.