You have no items in your shopping cart.
The I am Malala Student Book is a study of Malala Yousafzai’s memoir, I am Malala. The study has been designed to fulfil the requirements of the NSW Stage 6 English Year 12 Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences. By engaging in a close reading of the memoir, alongside several texts from the Standard English and Advanced English Module C: The Craft of Writing courses, students will develop their knowledge of how texts provide insight into the emotions, behavious, and motivations that form the code of human experiences.
To help students master the critical thinking, reading, and writing skills the Common Modules demands, a variety of analytical, creative, discursive, and reflective activities have been included in this student book. By completing these earnestly and diligently, students’ skills and confidence in using disciplinary specific language, literary devices, and textual concepts in response to different texts is guaranteed to improve.
This book is a highly valuable resource for students and teachers of the NSW Stage 6 English Year 12 Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences. It includes:
A variety of engaging classroom activities to develop skills in comprehension, analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of texts.
Texts from the Standard English and Advanced English Module C: The Craft of Writing courses, including structured writing tasks modelled on the Paper 2 examination questions for Module C.
Prose fiction, poetry and nonfiction texts.
Texts regarded as quality literature.
Texts that represent a variety of cultural, social, and gender perspectives.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.