You have no items in your shopping cart.
NSW's favourite, Jacaranda Geoactive for the NSW Australian curriculum series, has been refreshed to reflect our changing world with updated content, pedagogy and language, alongside new tools to spark students' interest in Geography.
Unrivalled teacher support
A complete resource that offers support for teachers in any school context - including new teachON with teaching notes, samples answers, differentiated work programs, school-based fieldwork and much more.
Real, authentic and diverse voices
Get students thinking about the interconnection between people and places with new topic hooks, including stories and images in response to key inquiry questions from real people about their place in the world.
Meaningful differentiation at every stage
Cater for students of all abilities with worksheets and differentiated question sets for every lesson, and explicit support to help students decode question types and structure their responses.
The top ten features that teachers will love:
- All question sets are differentiated for difficulty (levels 1, 2 and 3) and type (check, apply, challenge) - allowing students of all abilities to build their comprehension, application and higher-order thinking skills
- New, customisable eWorkbook included free, with over 160 scaffolded worksheets (all with sample answers for teachers)
- New fieldwork worksheets designed to give teachers single-period, mini-projects to build students skills without needing to leave school grounds
- SkillBuilders to develop students' geographical skills in context
- A comprehensive range of interactivities, concept explainer videos, weblinks and online content all embedded at the point of learning in learnON
- One full-page topographic map and associated exercises per chapter so students can develop essential mapping skills (including a print-friendly PDF version)
- Activities and teaching notes specifically addressing Life Skills outcomes
- Question sets in print and online match one-to-one to allow different or flexible teaching approaches (with sample answers for every question)
- Clear and well-scaffolded structure, content and language with explicit links to the NSW Australian Curriculum Geography Syllabus
- Clear learning intentions and success criteria for every subtopic, so students understand what they need learn and can give feedback on their own sense of achievement
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.