You have no items in your shopping cart.
Over 150 rare, original and ravishing vintage Hollywood movie posters illustrate the history of the Classic Age of the Historical Adventure Epic (1932-1970) in the fabulous Mighty Movies! Cast and credit information, fascinating background information and critical analyses of dozens of major films compose this handsomely designed paperback. Some of the films include:
The Adventures of Robin Hood, with Errol Flynn and Olivia De Havilland
Ivanhoe, with Robert Taylor and Joan Fontaine
Samson and Delilah, with Victor Mature and Hedy Lamarr
El Cid, with Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren.
A treasure trove of prized collectible American and international movie posters, lobby cards and press book materials comprises the centrepiece of this great book celebrating the glory days of film when "A Cast of Thousands!" meant a screen filled with surging masses of elaborately outfitted extras! Film buffs, history fans and graphic arts professionals and students will be captivated by the images and film lore in Mighty Movies. Recent period costume successes such as Shakespeare in Love and Elizabeth will only enhance the appeal of Mighty Movies and its Hollywood-loves-history motif. No other film book has this wealth of original vintage movie artifacts.
Publisher: Bassoff (Lawrence) Collection Inc., U.S.
Year: 2000, First Edition
Condition: Very good large rectangular paperback
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.