You have no items in your shopping cart.
Translated from the original Greek, Cambridge Translations from Greek Drama aims to bring students of Classical Civilisation and Drama courses as close as possible to the playwright's original words and intentions. The editors combine wide experience of Classics teaching with work in the theatre, ensuring that the translations are both accurate and suitable for performance. Students are encouraged to discover the plays for themselves by exploring their dramatic qualities through practical exercises and by experimenting with the expressive use of voice, movement, mime and musical accompaniment.These editions contain helpful editorial material, including references to Greek religion, mythology, politics and morals.
full synopsis of the play
commentary alongside translation for easy reference
suggestions for discussion and analysis throughout the text
comprehensive Introduction to the Greek Theatre
timeline to set the play in its historical context
guide to the pronunciation of names
index of topic and themes.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.