You have no items in your shopping cart.
Maths Quest Preliminary Mathematics General, 4th Edition is written for the 2013 Mathematics General Stage 6 Syllabus. Not for the current syllabus but still helpful for revision & practice
This text provides comprehensive coverage of the five strands: Financial Mathematics, Data and Statistics, Measurement, Probability, and Algebra and Modelling. It also covers the two Focus Studies: Mathematics and Communication, and Mathematics and Driving.
The Preliminary Mathematics General course is structured to prepare students for pathways to both the HSC Mathematics General 1 course and the HSC Mathematics General 2 course.
In this text, students are encouraged to understand and experience the application of mathematics in the world, to appreciate the beauty and wonder of mathematics, and to realise the possibilities for their own lives and careers that the study of mathematics can give them.
This text strives to ignite the potential in each student.
• Interactivities that bring concepts to life.
• Easy-to-follow worked examples in the Think–Write format.
• Carefully graded exercises that conclude with further development questions designed to extend and challenge students.
• Investigations to stimulate students’ interest and engagement.
• Comprehensive chapter reviews.
• A glossary of mathematical terms that define the terminology introduced in each topic.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.