You have no items in your shopping cart.
Look It Up! has been a highly popular reference book for secondary English students for many years, updated regularly to take account of students’ changing needs. The Active Look It Up! has identical content to Look It Up! but student activities have been added throughout the chapters to allow students to test their own understanding.
This third edition has been revised to match the Australian Curriculum. It is an invaluable reference for both the Language and Literacy strands, and a useful resource for students preparing for NAPLAN tests. Many schools recommend that students purchase this resource in Year 7. It becomes a regular companion to their English studies throughout secondary school.
As well as covering the terminology of the Australian Curriculum, The Active Look It Up! reflects the concepts about language that underpin the curriculum: that language is constantly changing; that the English language has a rich and fascinating history; that English is an international language with many dialects; that Standard Australian English is the preferred choice in formal situations in Australia. Detailed explanations of different types of text are provided and the annotated examples will be especially useful for students. Teachers will be grateful for the clear and comprehensive guide to visual grammar.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.