You have no items in your shopping cart.
Five Senses Phonics is a carefully structured series of activity books for pre-readers and beginning readers at the important stage of their literacy acquisition. These activity books are intended for use in a preschool setting, in the beginning school years, and for older students who are having difficulty learning to read.
Book 3 focuses on:
- Basic blending skills
- Recognising word patterns
- Spelling skills
- Basic sight vocabulary
In Book 3 students apply the phonemic awareness skills they have mastered to reading simple three sound words (‘bat’, ‘hen’, ‘lock’ and so on). Simple and regularly occurring consonant digraphs (‘ck, ‘ll’, ‘ss’ and so on) are introduced. The activitiesin each unit reinforce and consolidate the acquisition of basic reading skills. Blending skills are consolidated and refined as each vowel sound is introduced. An expanded list of basic sight vocabulary words is introduced.
The exercises in Book 3 enable students to attain competency in basic phonics skills. On completing Book 3, students are able to read words containing three letter-sound relationships. Students then progress to Book 4 to develop the fundamental skill of reading words containing initial and terminal blends.
Student progress is regularly monitored and evaluated after completing each level by using the Achievement Tests section. Each test is specifically designed to assess mastery of skills and to allow students to confirm the positive results of their learning experiences.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.