You have no items in your shopping cart.
The 2nd image shows the minor scrapes on the back cover
FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS Windsor lived and painted in a peaceful colonial town deep in the plantation country in the state of Veracruz, an old and mystical part of Mexico.
In painting the young girls of Coatepec, the artist discovers the truth, beauty and fragility of the world they inhabit and often command. Though modern, middle-class children, he portrays them amid the pots and vases and antique robes and shawls of old, recalling their culture and that of their Victorian sisters in far off lands.
"Indeed, they’re not ugly Americans – they’re beautiful Mexicans. They come from a culture informed by a sense of tragedy and community. Mexico is a place where people have a strong sense of their own identity independently of whatever identity is forced upon them by the mass media and capitalist manipulation.
Windsor’s girls are innocent because they seem to know nothing of impersonal, anonymous modern society – they don’t watch television, they don’t go to the movies, they don’t date boys, they don’t wear the latest hip clothing. Instead, they look at art, or present themselves as works of art – Windsor's models are works of high human art."
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.