You have no items in your shopping cart.
Listen to the Music, sixth edition, is a suite of resources designed to make music practical and engaging for all students studying Music in Years 7 – 10.
Written and mapped to the Australian Curriculum: The Arts, this new edition has been updated with an extensive range of activities and multimedia. There are four units of study on various topics of interest but all have a strong emphasis on performance activities, allowing your students to experience the music directly.
UNIT 1: THE BASIC ELEMENTS OF MUSIC
The raw materials and nature of music
How sounds are made
How pitch is described
Beats and metre
The basic musical notes
Writing notes correctly on the staff
Choosing sound qualities for mood
Further aspects of pitch
UNIT 2: THE INSTRUMENTS OF MUSIC
The acoustic guitar
The orchestral strings
UNIT 3: ROCK ELEMENTS AND STYLES
What is rock?
The basic features of a rock song
The characteristics of rock
The basic instruments of rock
Songs with non-rock influences
UNIT 4: MUSIC AND SOCIETY
The function of music in society
The Middle East
England – Baroque orchestral music
Germany and Austria – The romantic solo song
Russia – The birth of modern music
United States of America
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.