You have no items in your shopping cart.
Peter Doig's haunting and atmospheric work is often compared to the early 20th century paintings of the Symbolists and Surrealists, and has helped to revive the Romantic spirit. This full-colour monograph is the largest publication dedicated to this important artist's work. It is complemented by a selection of short stories exclusively written for the book by the renowned author Margaret Atwood, and will thus draw a wide literary audience. This catalogue of an important solo exhibition of artist Peter Doig's works on paper collects the artist's recent watercolors, which have garnered major international acclaim, into one fully illustrated volume. Doig's vibrant color combinations and techniques such as dripping and staining lend his works a dreamlike quality, though his images are based in reality. Doig draws upon photographs, film stills, postcards, paintings, and even album covers, reworking and reinterpreting them, to explore notions of memory and fantasy.
Befitting this work, the beautiful colour illustrations of this monograph are complemented not by heavy art-historical discourse but by specially commissioned short stories by Margaret Atwood, whose extensive and eloquent writings have often evoked similar themes and have been published in more than thirty languages. "Peter Doig: Works on Paper" features the artist's signature watercolours, and includes never-before-published stories by best-selling author Margaret Atwood.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.