You have no items in your shopping cart.
Problem Solved is an innovative mathematical problem solving series that provides students with opportunities to apply their numeracy skills in order to solve problems. The problem solving process will vary from student to student and from problem to problem. As students analyse the problems the process will require students to determine:
- what the problem is asking
- what strategy best suits the problem
- what mathematical knowledge needs to be employed
- whether the solution makes sense
The problems presented on each page are arranged in three levels:
- Level 1 problems use simple language and require simple mathematics.
- Level 2 problems use more difficult language and require slightly more complex mathematics.
- Level 3 problems use more complex language and more complex mathematics.
The Investigation at the bottom of the page provides children with an opportunity to apply all their numeracy skills to achieve a solution. Students are encouraged to use a variety of different problem solving strategies, such as:
- using calculators
- using materials
- creating algorithms
- working backwards
- creating tables and lists
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.