You have no items in your shopping cart.
Insight Text Guides take students into the deeper layers of meaning in a range of popular novels, plays, films, short-story collections and nonfiction texts. They are designed to develop detailed knowledge, in-depth understanding and genuine insight into each text.
The guides are written by practising English teachers, professional writers, reviewers and academics who are experts in their fields. Each guide presents a clear, comprehensive and accessible analysis.
There are over 150 titles in the Insight Text Guides series and new titles are published every year.
EACH TITLE FEATURES:
- An overview of the text for quick reference, including notes on the author’s life and work, a plot synopsis, a character map and brief character summaries
- Discussion of the historical, cultural and social contexts relevant to the text
- Close analysis of each chapter/scene/story, with chapter questions
- Detailed analysis of characters, themes and ideas
- Discussion of different responses to and interpretations of the text
- Guidelines on successful essay writing
- Essay topics, a sample analysis of a topic and a sample essay on the text.
- A new book.
Used – Very Good/Excellent
- No notes or highlighting, and no significant wear.
- May have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Highlighting &/Or Notes
- Notes and/or highlighting, but no significant wear.
- Minor: Highlighting and notes are limited to only a few lines or pages, or to a small percentage of the entire book. All text is readable.
- Moderate: Highlighting and notes may be untidy, and/or present on a moderate number of pages. All text is readable.
- May also have signs of normal use (e.g. minor cosmetic marks, contact, previous owner’s name).
Used – Wear
- No notes and/or highlighting, but will show signs of wear.
- Minor: Examples of minor wear include: a repaired cover tear or a couple of repaired pages, a creased or scuffed spine or cover, a small watermark, minor marks on page edges.
- Moderate: Examples of moderate wear include: more noticeable cover wear (e.g. on both back and front), a moderate watermark, large repaired tear, marked and curling page edges.
- All text will be readable and the book will be intact. We do not sell books that are missing pages or are ‘falling to pieces’.
Our shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.00 within Metropolitan Sydney, and otherwise calculated according to weight and distance outside of the Metropolitan Region.
For more information, please see our FAQs page.